Tuesday, September 4, 2007

mexican hat dance

This past weekend i went to a mexican rodeo/dance. A decatur restaurant sponsored the event. I guess there is a rodeo school in Jacksonville. The rodeo travels the around the country with the bulls and horses.

I haven't been to many American Rodeos but this was more of an american rodeo with a mexican announcer repeating everything the announcer said. Of course the mexican announcer was enjoying himself and adding a few words. I laughed. He would give a few more descriptors of the fine young men that would maybe a little crazy. And when the beautiful horse riders would ride around the ring he would give his discriptors of them as well. very beautiful. About halfway through the rodeo it got more entertaining. One of the riders was injured (that didn't make it more exciting. but when the ambulance took the young man to the emergency room they were unable to continue the rodeo until the ambulance came back. So the sponsor talked the band into going into the stands and playing a few songs. It was wonderful everyone was dancing in the bleechers. The band was a large base drum with a symbol attached to the top. Two saxaphones. two trupets. a guitar player and two singers. When the rodeo finially resumed it was hard to pay attention to the rodeo. The clown got out in the middle to do his routine and didn't get it when no one answered his stupid jokes spoken in english. silly silly man. The other entertainment was for expensive taquilia . The sponsor asked for 3 men from the crowd. four climbed the fence. The competiotion was to drink a full can of beer then run halfway down the ring and run around the bottel of tiqullia 10 times. The problem was they couldn't count. funny funny.

After the rodeo we watched children and adults ride a mechanic bull.n I was tempted but didn't want to break anything. The same band played for the dance and were wonderful. Mexican are very good dancers and all look good. Luis' friends talked me into several dances Oh did I mention that for the rodeo they sold the beer (Modelo) by the six pack not by the can. so it didn't take a lot for them to talk me into dancing. by 11 p.m. we called it a night. I woke the next morning unable to move. I had been bouncing and had floppy shoes.

I couldn't resist when I saw the Zumba Ad on TV and bought the DVD. I gonna dance off my backside. Or at least humor myself trying.

1 comment:

Kate58 said...

Oh Deano what a fun time to be had! I can just see you and Luis out there dancing away! HA!