Wednesday, July 4, 2007

scream like a girl

several have asked if I would share my stories. I do enjoy laughing at myself. but I didn't want to send anoying emails to people that didn't want thme so I thought this was a good way to let you check my blog if you were interested and ignore it if your are not.

I'm working for the summer in a warehouse. It is a seed company and they store seed for syngenta seeds. When a dealer sends back 200 bags of seed corn. The fork lift drivers brings them to me and I physically sort them. I stacks other pallets sometimes as high and 10 bags high and 6 bags to a level. It is very physical but I enjoy it. I also get to tear off old tags and put on new ones. great fun.

Yesterday I was unloading a pallet some are clean but most are dirty and have all types of crap (litterally) on them. some are dammaged but I just count them and throw them.

So now for the screaming. I'm in the back of the warehouse. other guys are doing the same job as me in different locations. but other than the fork lift drivers there aren't a lot of people around me. so I talk to myself and the wall I don't often talk to the bags of corn as I don't want to get attached to a stupid bag of corn. I do see people during break. but they are usually smoking so I tend to sit and enjoy the air. I will tell you that when I sneeze, you know one of those oh my goodness bad wolf of the three little pigs sneezes. I do hear "bless you" from other parts of the plant.

So I'm unloading a pallet and a mouse runs out. I scream. the mouse runs back in to the pile. I move another bag and the mouse runs out and I scream. and the mouse runs back into the pallet. I'm not afraid of mice. I just startle easily and screaming is my gut responds. The screams tend to be a lot like a sneeze if you hold it in you blow up. I walk away from the pallet and do a different one thinking the mouse needs an escape route. Now of course there are 4 sides to a pallet and micky keeps running out on my side. Well I finish the other pallet and return to the mouse house. I thow the next bag ready to jump. nothing. another nothing. a third nothing. I'm tell the mouse he was lucky that he got the heck out of there 'cause nothing good can happen it a bag of chemically treated corn. Well obviously he was chewing on the chemicals 'cause the next bag I move is his home sweet home and I scream he jumps. I stomp on the corn bag. which he had already left. I don't know why it just seemed like the thing to do. cutting off his return to the homefront maybe. I have no idea where micky went. I was too busy screaming and laughing. And the rest of the day I kept jumping when there was nothing there to jump for. When I went to lunch one of the guys asked me what was going on on my side. I told him I was working on a new kung fu throw that required a yell. He said "oh ok Karr"

now there is a question for ya. Why to men call each other by their last names. I have a perfectly good first name. and goodness knows there are enough Karrs around that he could get a little more specific. Of course this may be my opportunity to not answer.

When the taggin women asked me about my sons. I said Joel was a lot like me (poor guy) They asked if he talked a lot.

today the 4th is a day of rest. so I retiled my little bathroom floor.

5 comments:

Kate58 said...

Hey Dino,
I like your new blog! Can't wait to see your new tile that you've put down....no more pink-eh?!!
Happy 4th! Kate

T. said...

OMG Deano you crack me up!!!!!!!! You should be a stand up comic!!!!
I see your car wasn't dead this morning...yw!!! T

TinaB said...

Love your blog and your emails! Always love to hear from you :) Keep 'em coming!! Being called "Karr" isn't such a bad thing-there are worse things in the world. I'm glad to hear that my easy jumpiness is heritary! My kids always give me a hard time. I just even when I know mentally something is coming-still jump like I had no idea!!

Dot said...

Your stories are very entertaining. Reading them is a great way to start my day - laughing. Thanks for sharing them.

John Tenny, Ph.D. said...

You were screaming, right! What about the poor little mouse, defending his/her home from a screaming monster. I bet there were lots of those little mouse thingies scattered around, all thanks to you.

But beware, mice prefer their revenge during the night.....you might just scream again...