Thursday, July 5, 2007

Lava soap does wonders

It has been awhile since I have been this dirty on a regular basis. I might have gotten dirty playing in the yard, but this is dusty nasty dirty. Hands so dirty they don't come clean. Sharon found a liquid Lava and it does wonders. I try to wear gloves when I can but then my hands peel from being in the rubber type gloves that the work gives your. The safety glasses that I have to wear are giving my ears issues. I might have to actually wear my own glasses. That is of course if I can find them.

I begun looking at things in relations to how many hours of hard labor it takes to buy them. for instance when we go out to eat and spend $25 bucks easily that is two hours of throwing heavy bags of corn. or a movie with popcorn is at least a couple of hours of work. so I think I will pass. Which would you like two hours of free time or a movie.

I do love to go to the movies. I want a new bath tub to replace the pink one. But when you are talking $500 or more for a jacuzi tub. That is more than a weeks wages. Pink isn't so bad.

But yes it is. Joel helped me tile my half bath off of the landry room. I wanted a bath for guest while I tear those pink bathroom up. I still need to grout and put in the sink and toilet. But by the time I get home from work I'm not worth much work and when you have to be at work at 6 a.m there isn't much time for working in the morning. Maybe Sunday. Or one of these night when I can't sleep.

Joel also got the first coating of poly on my spare bedroom. Yes Jason has moved in with his mother in Bloomington and is slated to go to heartland in the fall. He is doing fantastic. I'm very proud of him. I can't say that I miss the oder. But he was pretty self sufficient while he was here. That said I'm not inviting any more nephews or nieces to move in with me.

Nephew wedding in Chicago this weekend. both of my boys will be there with their girlfriends. Then they leave for ireland next Wednesday for 14 days.

I turned my screan porch into an avariary for the summer. I have 4 finches. both pairs have set up house keeping. One pair hatched out one and it is almost ready to leave the next. The other pair has two that are about a week younger. Both are a riot to watch. I have a small bubbling fountain when I turn it on they all come down for a bath. Pippen also enjoys the birds. He watches them Pippen has mastered the screen doors. He goes out one side and in the other. quite an accomplishment for my special ed dog.

Today at work I was put back with the first crew I worked with. A ocupled of guys that daily joke is turning off each others gas line on the fork lift. At the end of the day they told me I needed to work slower. I told them it wasn't in my nature. They made a 10 minute job last for 35 minutes. They didn't want to start unloading a new truck. I told them I didn't understand the logic. but they have been at it longer than myself. so I just do as i told.

well most of the time.

2 comments:

Kate58 said...

I think you're having too much fun at your summmer job. :-)
It sounds like you've been working hard at your house. Glad to hear you're putting Joel to work!!
Take care, Kate

T. said...

you know what you should do is add a room at the other end of your house and put the jacuzzi there or even on your sunporch so that your nice neighbors could use it too!!!!!!! ;)
When you are done with your bath come over and give me some ideas on my upstairs bath will ya!!! T