Monday, December 22, 2008

Josh destroyed my kitchen




a year ago Josh came down and got interested in fixing my pocket door. I purchased a kit online that was suppose to replace your pocket door track w/0 tearing up the wall. ahhh yeah sure. didn't happen.

I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and replace the range hood with a microwave. of coourse in order to do this I had to shorten the cabinet and rewire the electricity and retile part of the wall. So one year later I have the project done.   or relatively done.

Then of course I had this dream of having a moveable counter  on the opposite wall as my sink.   My sons made a bar for thier college apt.   They gave it to a friend upon graduation.  The friend no longer had room for it so they gave it to me.   I shortened the bar by a foot to make it counter height and put a larger top on it.     Now joel is working with his heat press to make tile counter top with a design in it.     My goal for this project is christmas 2009 but I have hope.  

the interesting thing about my energy is I will work around the clock for a week and then not touch the project for another year.  haha       I did tell myself that I had to finish last year's project before I started this years.   and I did.   I've had surplus energy for two weeks now.    so the projects are moving along.    I'm going to start another blog to tell you about my next project.   



No comments: