Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

Today,   New Years Day  I finished gutting the bathroom.    Like all remodeling,  the little job grew and grew.  but the good news is I got lots of exercise carrying all the plaster out to the dumpster.    I was able to keep one and 1/2 walls in tact.   I had to completely tear out the three walls around the tub.     My nephew Dillon came over today and helped me finish that part of the project.    Now I have to decide on a Tub.   After I install that I can do the floor and walls.   I opened up the area above the tub.   I will still have the storage area above the cabinet.   I'll have to reframe that in of course.       So I met my first goal of getting everything torn out before my break was over.   I'm sitting in my TV room and looking at the paneling and have to keep myself from tearing this room up too.   One room at a time my friend........i haven't had to use my tread mill the last few days 'cause I've put the time in on my room. .....   New year how wonderful.......At this age people start asking when I will quit working.   I think that is funny.     I've got a good 10 years of the joy of teaching ahead of me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEANO!!
Congrats on getting your bathroom remodel done over break. At least you're 1/2 way there. Cheryl and I went over to Allen Court tonight to see Cindy and the gang. They were wearing party hats and drinking non-alcoholic Bush beer and sparkling wine...it was a blast. Kathryn told me to wish you a happy new year.