Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dip Dip Dip Dip

I'm not sure if more nutty things happen to me or if I just enjoy the things that happen to me more.

Two weeks ago I was walking my dogs about 10 blocks from home and saw a pond liner that was sat out for trash. I threw it over my head and walked home with the two dogs and a pond liner. I figured I could find a home for it. I have a 6 foot wide 2 foot deep pond in my patio area. I was sure I could get the one I picked up set up for someone else. Well when I started catching my goldfish to move them in to aquariums for the winter I realized they had babies and there were tons of them. So I set up the pond I garbage picked at the end of my garage as a winter home for my goldfish. Pretty boring so far huh. Well I woke up on Friday and thought that I would just scoop a few of the fish to make sure it was good for everyfish.

My dog pippen is a 9 lb boston terrier. He is hearing impaired and isn't very bright. I love him to death but they poor thing sometimes forgets to jump when he wants on the couch and literally bangs into the side of the couch. Freeda, my Morky (Maltise/Yorky) is 7 lbs of terror and keeps Pippen in line most of the time. Pippen has the love for brooms and rakes. He loves to bark at them when you use them. He will see my raking and zoom from whereever he is to attack the rake.

Friday morning when I decided to go fishing in my little pond I put on thick sweats and started scooping for fish. Well, evidently my swishing the net looked like a rake to Pippen, cause he came running. One bark and splash. Pippen doesn't swim any better than he walks. His doggy paddle looked more like a suiside attempt. I reach for him. He moves. I stretch and go head over heels into the pond. Cold Cold Cold Cold omg Cold. My sweatsuit soaked up so much water. Pippen in hand I laughed and cried at the same time. Freeda stood on the side of the pond and barkes and barked. She was the only sinceable one there. Did I mention this was at 5:00 a.m. poor fish thought there world was coming to an end I'm sure. Talk about the sky falling.

I finially got myself out of the pond. dropped my clothes in the garage and pippen and I ran in for a hot shower. Poor Pippen was shivering and shaking. After I dressed and got Pippen all wrapped up in a towel I went out to put my clothes in the washing machine. I picked them up and a goldfish fell out. After giving the fish mouth to mouth I put it in the indoor pond. (I didn't really give the fish mouth to mouth but I did have to swish it around a few times to get it swimming again. Fortunately this morning it was still alive and swimming.

All of this and I still made it to work on time.

Welcome to the life of Deano

No comments: